Friday, July 1, 2011

Beyonce On Good Morning America

I started off the day a little grumpy.   My loud puppy woke me at 6:30AM. I quickly got over it however, because thanks to the relentless advertising by Good Morning America. I remembered that Beyonce was going to be performing in Central America on Good Morning America. So even though it was my day off, I got up and got my coffee and prepared to be thoroughly entertained.  Now I wasn't a fan of Destiny Child's music at all, but I always admired Beyonce. This woman is amazing. She is beautiful inside and out. Every time I see and hear her I am blown away.

Well today was no exception. She looked sexy, elegant, and stunning. But today what I loved the most is she wore her divaness out and proud. She is not afraid to be called a diva and it is apparent in every move she makes on stage. While her record is not getting the best reviews, I loved what she said. I wanted to make a record that had chords, changes, and bridges regardless if it's radio friendly or not. I was also amazed that she managed to have an all woman band playing live. She had a horn section Y'all!!! Loved It!

I was also so excited to hear that she will be starring in the remake of a A Star is Born with Clint Eastwood directing the film.  Robin Roberts from GMA asked her about it and she was so humble in her response.  Saying she was so honored to be cast in the role that originally starred Barbara Streisand.  Those are huge shoes to fill.  I'm sure the remake will be very different given the genius of Clint Eastwood but you could clearly see that she was genuinely thrilled.  She told Robin that she was even more honored being selected as an African American.  Can't say it enough. I love her!  I haven't bought a record in over 15 years but next time I'm in Target I will be picking it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment