Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Casey Anthony Verdict


I am listening to the pundits discussing and trying to surmise as to what the fate of Casey Anthony will be. It really strikes me how no one really has a clue. Will it be death for the tot-mom? I certainly hope not because I really think that the much maligned defense poked holes in the prosecutions theories. This was a circumstantial case. Wow! Not guilty on all counts. I certainly didn't see that coming. I can't believe Caylee's death will not be avenged. The prosecution did have some credible evidence. How could the jury do this? I hate to say that the system doesn't work but how could they set this woman free. She will probably get time served for lying and that's it.

I have been following this case for three years since the 911 call came in and Nancy Grace started covering it on a daily basis. We learned that she was a pathological lier. That the truth was not in her. That she told one lie on top of the other. It was obvious to me back then that she had something to do with the disappearance of her child. How could someone not report their own flesh and blood missing. It is just too much to swallow. But our justice system says that you have to believe the person is guilty beyond all exclusions. I agree that there was doubt raised but again what happened to Caylee? Does the jury really believe that it was a drowning gone wrong? An accident that snowballed out of control? That just lacks common sense in my opinion. I believe what most people believe that she chloroformed Caylee to go and party and that went terribly wrong. The only thing I can ascertain from today's verdict is that it is a function of the jury being sequestered and not having access to all the media who had already tried and convicted her.

Now, that being said my stomach does turn to think that Casey will become a celebrity and millionaire at the expense of her child. I am predicting that she will be selling her story and making the rounds on all the talk shows. That is the most sickening thing about all of this. She lied about having a job and now she will probably never have to get one. Caylee's life never avenged reminds you that sometimes life just isn't fair. God Bless Caylee! As one of my friends said. Well at least Caylee is in a better place and not with that monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment