Monday, July 25, 2011

NFL ends Lock Out

Sports talk is all the buzz today, July 25th. Everyone has been stressing about an NFL lock out. Did folks really believe this would happen.? Not!!! This has been the NFL's own version of Days of our Lives. This lock out has all been about a disconnect between the owners and the players. I have not taken it as serious as most folks even though I am an avid sports fan. When they made the announcement in March that there may not be a 2011 NFL season I never broke my stride. After all, this is about so much more than the players and the owners. Its about money you all. Its about the networks, advertising, and continuing to pay these highly talented athletes.

I understand this all about protecting the players as well. I like some of the key points. For example, in case of a catastrophic injury the players will be compensated half their salary. Also, free agency will be structured a little differently to give free agents another year which could mean more security for them. I have to admit the best thing about the new deal is that rookies will be compensated based on their performance. So there will be many performance clauses built in a foot ball players contract. In other words, the concept prevents players that have never played a down from being paid enormous amounts of money without performing. If they prove to be a legitimate star then they will be paid appropriately.

In other NFL news, Brett Farvre is in the rumor mill again of a possibile come back. I love him and think he is probably among top 15 players to ever play but its time to hang up the cleats for real this time. Especially since all the buzz is he would be a back up quarterback. Enough is enough Brett. Your a grandfather for God's sake. With that all said I can't wait til I hear all those country artists proclaim on Monday night..."Are you ready for some football" Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment