Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Racism and Politics

It was a shock to me today but I found myself agreeing with Sherri Shepherd from The View. I even found her to be articulate when explaining today's topic of Racism and Politics. This after all is the woman that admitted on national television that she wasn't sure if the earth was round or not. But let me not digress and go there. Today she was passionate and right when she shouted to her View cohorts "how many passes are these white politicians and pundits going to get? Barbara even motioned for her to "calm down" and "lower her voice". Well I say F Babs and Go Sherri!!

How many times is a politician going to direct a racial epithet to our President and get away with it? They have been too numerous to mention all of them and they are always followed up by an apology saying they didn't realize it was a racial slur. I say bullshit! The latest gaph is congressman Lamborn referring to Obama as a tar baby. That to me is like using the N word. I don't care what the definition is which by the way originated in the days of slavery. It was down right racist and damn disgusting. Do you think he would have ever used that term if the president was white? I completely understand Sherri's passion and disgust.

It's just like Bill Maher has said several times that "these racist republicans can not stand that a black man is President". Therefore, they hide behind a microphone on a right wing political talk show and blab their racism. This joker Lamborn is dying to use the N word. It is on the tip of his tongue and since he can't, he searches for other racial slurs that are just as bad. And yeah he issued an apology a week later and said he meant to use the word Quagmire. Yeah right, considering quagmire and tar baby are such similar expressions. Our government is being dragged down by racist politicians.  But what's else is new?

No comments:

Post a Comment